Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

My Top Favourite CDs for 2008

As you probably know, I love to listen to music while I design and create my jewelry pieces. So I thought I would post my top favorite CDs that I got in 2008. So here goes:

Gift of Screws- by Lindsey Buckingham-Probably my favorite new CD. Former Fleetwood Mac band mates, Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie join the eccentric Lindsey Buckingham, playing on some of the tracks. Creative genius with some crazy smokin’ hot guitar riffs as well as beautiful acoustic guitar, adorns this album. If you have ever been a fan of this talented guitar playing, singer/songwriter or Fleetwood Mac, you will love this CD...one of his best!




















Afterwards-by Collective Soul- I have been a fan of Collective Soul, a great American rock band from Georgia, since they appeared on the music scene 15 or 16 years ago. This is their 7th album, actually released in 2007, and is super CD,with some very lovely ballads and some great rock tunes.















Day and Age-by The Killers- Another stellar recording by this fabulous alternative rock band from Las Vegas! Great fun and theatrics, you will be dancing around the room with this one... don't take it too seriously!















Rockferry-by Duffy-I hope to hear alot more from this talented young singer. A great bluesy voice, a little retro feeling...think 1960's female stars Dusty Springfield or gravelly voiced LuLu (To Sir with Love). Apparently Rockferry was the best selling album in the U.K in 2008, and has sold over 4 million copies world wide. A great debut Cd!

















Perfect Symmetry-by Keane- If you loved either of Keanes' previous Cds, Hopes and Fears and Under the Iron Sea, you certainly will not be dissappointed with the latest effort from this British band. Lots of upbeat passionate, pop, rock tunes.















Viva la Vida- by Coldplay -Coldplays' fourth release, and I love it! I loved all of the other 3 albums by this band as well...some folks hate Coldplay...not me!
Pin It

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I enjoyed seeing your music list! I've heard of some of them but not all. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Collective Soul is awesome I cant wait for their album next year!

www.collectivesouldiers.com

ChatElaine said...

I love Duffy's Rockferry and she has appeared a number of times over the xmas period on our tv here in the UK. Obviously as she is Welsh and she had done so well in just a short amount of time. Cant wait for a new ablum from her. Must tell hubbie about the Lindsey Buckingham album. Thanks for sharing!!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com