Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Daisy Jane

Well it is finally done...the necklace that is! You know... the one that I have been working on and off for several weeks now. After all the stress and self doubt, I must say that I am happy with the results. Yes, it is somewhat unconventional, but it is meant to be a fun lighthearted piece. My inspiration were the tiny flowers in the larger lampwork bead created by Deb at Sweetwater Designs. I also used contemporary and vintage Swarovski crystals, in shades of turquoise, amethyst and purple, as well as sterling silver beads and chain. The big funky flower is also the clasp! The name for this one is "Daisy Jane". Now I may be dating myself a little bit here, but I used to really love this song by the band America, which was popular in the mid 1970s.I still have the old cassette tape with this song on it.


     "Does she really love me 

I think she does

Like the stars above me

I know because

When the sky is bright

Everything's alright "
America
Pin It

8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

What a fun, unique, beautiful necklace! It turned out lovely!

Deborah Lambson said...

It's perfect..and the song choice totally compliments it. give me a couple of days and I'm going to post a pic with a link to you..

Bonhomie said...

I've been out of the loop for a bit but I'm back now! You've certainly been busy! BEAUTIFUL work as usual! I have to say, you're one of my favorites!!

Unknown said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

so beautiful....
we like...
mona & the girls
ps we love deb...

Lara Lutrick said...

Beautiful.

Hot Rocks said...

Thank you all for your kind words1

ChatElaine said...

Sorry I havent been about as well and missed this, but I most definitely think this was worth all the effort to get it right and its so beautiful I just love it, its quirkyness is its best feature, for me!!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com