Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Off Down Under

On Friday, Daughter # 2 is leaving for Australia. Daughter #2, is the brunette in the photo, I am in the center, and Daughter #1 is the blonde. Last year, she met a wonderful guy while she was living and working in Banff...and yes he is from Australia. They fell in love, lived together for 9 months here in Canada, and now she is off to spend some serious time with him in his country. She will be gone for about a year....and there is a strong possibility that if all goes well, that she will make Australia her permanent home. She has sold her truck, and most of her possessions, so this is a big deal for her. She is almost 29 years old, and if I had been in her shoes at her age, I would probably do the same thing. What an adventure! I am going to miss her terribly, and even although she has lived on her own for 10 years, she has always been somewhere here in Canada, usually close by. Australia seems so far away, the other side of the world...it is not like you can just pop over for a weekend visit! I am totally supportive of her decision, and I love her boyfriend, and I have not cried in front of her...yet!

Here is a photo of the 3 of us when they were little...and I was a bit younger too!

Another photo of them as little girls.
I just know that seeing her off at the airport is going to have me balling!
"I love you, and will miss you, Chipmunk!"
Love Mom Pin It

11 comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

Our daughter visited Australia 6 years ago with a group from her middle school and she absolutely adored everything about the country! She said the scenery was breathtaking and the people were so warm, genuine and hospitable. I hope your daughter has a fabulous time there and that her relationship goes well. And yes, you'll cry when you see her off!

DVArtist said...

What a beautiful family.
Here is something to cheer you up. I have passed on an award to you.
Please pick it up at my blog.

Nicole/Beadwright
http://beadwright.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful family, you look like their sister not mom! Good luck to your daughter on her new adventure, sounds like it will be a great journey for her!

Lin said...

Doesn't it seem like yesterday those girls were that little? Sigh. Yeah, time flies--and so do kids. What an exciting adventure for her--I admire her for going. How many of us passed up those possibilities in our youth?? I know I did. I wish her luck--and you too! ;)

Unknown said...

Best wishes to your daughter...and you too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an adventure! I wish her safe travels and I'm sure she will be very happy!

storybeader said...

very understanding, mom! Those are great pics too!

BeadedTail said...

Wonderful photos - you look like their sister not mother! How exciting that your daughter is beginning this adventure in Australia! It shows a strength and confidence in her to follow her heart so far from home. I admire her greatly and wish her safe travels!

By the way, I tagged you today but there's no obligation to play along: http://beadedtail.blogspot.com/2009/07/weve-been-tagged-and-viva-las-vegas.html

Swapna said...

Wow.. I agree with beaded tail... u don't look old enough to have such grown-up daughters..and all of u look stunning..

Jenn said...

I followed a link to your blog from Sweet Bead Studio...she said I'd like your blog and I do!

It's so interesting to hear "the other side" of the story. I'm the daughter who moved to Hong Kong from the US last year. I moved to pursue a childhood dream of living in Asia and learning Mandarin (and now Cantonese in Hong Kong). I know this decision has been really hard on my parents and still is. But, Skype is a wonderful tool...they say they see me more now than when I was in the States (I lived 1000 miles away).

It is still a challenge to have half the world between a parent and a child...but technology has eased some of the stress that is much different when I first moved out in 1990.

Best wishes! I'm excited for your daughter and hope things are settling down for you.

Hot Rocks said...

I want to thank you all for your very kind words of support. It really means a lot to me, and has helped ease me through this transition.

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com