Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Looking ahead to Fall

I am back, trying to settle into some sort of routine after an amazing vacation. Thank you to all those loyal entrecard droppers who continued to drop in on my blog while I was away! It is very much appreciated! Back to reality and I am getting myself recharged for the Fall season. No, I am certainly in no rush to end summer...especially here where I live, where the warm carefree days of wearing shorts and sleeveless tops are numbered. However, being refreshed and full of ideas, I need to get designing jewelry, for the Fall shows. I was recently accepted into a juried art show in Calgary that will be held in November, as well I have a couple of other Christmas art markets that I also will be attending. Although many days of my vacation were spent relaxing and enjoying the wonderful nature and scenery of beautiful British Columbia, I did manage to sneek in a couple of shopping days! This was also excellent research for checking out the Fall trends and colors for this coming season. Jewelry is big and bold for Fall and winter 2009. The bigger the better! Large statement pieces, especially necklaces, dominated the runways for Fall.
Check out these designs by Marni and Dolce & Gabbana:

Long necklaces are a very hot fashion accessory this autumn, either wear a single big, chunky piece, or combine several strands of beads or chains for an eclectic layered look. Important colors in Fall fashion are black, gray, blue, red, and purple.



Of course no vacation would be complete without managing to pick up some fabulous new beads! So I am going to be very busy for next while. Pin It

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful vacation and came back rested and full of new ideas which I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great vacation- month long and yet- the time flew! The fall fashion seems right up your alley- bold and chunky. Have fun getting inspired to create some new stuff!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com