Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sneak preview of Fall












Recently, I was accepted into a juried art sale that will take place for 3 days in November, in the city of Calgary. The following weekend, I am in another Christmas art sale that is also 3 days. So I have started working on my Fall line of jewelry, that will be offered for sale at these 2 shows. For now, I am not listing these items in my Etsy shop, but thought my readers would like to see what have been working on lately. So today I am featuring some items from the first new group, featuring the unique chunky handmade glass beads of USA artisan, Shannon Westmeyer. Also included in these pieces are vintage beads, onyx, amethyst, handmade copper beads, sterling silver, lemon quartz, obsidian and Swarovski crystals.




I have not yet thought up names for these designs, but I am leaning towards "Industrial Disease", by Dire Straits for this one above . What do you think? Do you think the name is suitable or does it turn you off?
Pin It

7 comments:

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Lovely selection of jewellery. I particulary like the last necklace - I am imagining it makes a lovely sound as you move around.
Kristin :)

Unknown said...

looks like your off to a great start with your fall collection...I think the name fits...especially since you name all your pieces after songs...good luck at both of your shows!

BeadedTail said...

Wow! Your fall collection is looking gorgeous! I think the name fits too and wish you the best at your shows!

Lenox Knits said...

Wow. Absolutely stunning. Knowing that you name your work after songs it makes sense. If I didn't know it I might question the name.

Cindy said...

Hi Susan
I love your new pieces...the colors are so gorgeous and warm. That lariat is so detailed. I bet they will see out at your show..and congrats on getting in to the juried show!! :-)

Lin said...

I like the addition of the metal in there. It makes it really unique!

Marlaine said...

Beautiful pieces! I'm not sure about the "Industrial Disease" name though I love Dire Straits.

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com