Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Eventful week

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last week. I had a lot on my plate getting ready for the show that I was doing this past weekend. Daughter #3 returned home from university last Sunday. As well, we had a massive dump of snow......yes SNOW, which resulted in Thursday April 29th being a snow day!  AND,I also managed to come down with some flu/cold thing, which left me flat out on the couch for almost 2 days. So overall an eventful week. The show turned out to be a bit disappointing,  a  great bunch of artists, but not the buying crowd this time around. We were hoping to attract the Mothers Day shoppers, but apparently they must have all been at the malls buying Mom mass produced gifts made in China! So now I hope to get back to normal this week. Enjoy the pics.
















Pin It

6 comments:

Lin said...

Bummer about the snow and the lack of sales. :( Oh and the bad cold/flue thingy too. Sheesh, you DID have a rough week!!

Let's hope this week is better. May is crazy, isn't it??

ChatElaine said...

Oh poor you, hope your feeling better now! MORE snow, good grief!!! Its gone really cold here over the weekend compared to a week ago which was really lovely it was up to 18 degrees and now its only 8 degrees with a bitter cold wind. Roll on summer.

Sorry about your sales I have had the same problems here. People just dont seem to be buying at the moment especially as we have a General Election coming up this week and I think people are just waiting to see who gets into power! I do hope it improves soon!! Display looks fab btw! ♥

BeadedTail said...

Sorry about the show but your display looked great! And look at all that snow! Whoa!

Catherine said...

Oh gosh ~ you got way more snow then we did. It pretty much melted as it hit the ground. Now it's been raining for days and we are supposed to have a few more days of it with a little more snow mixed in!

So sorry you got bitten by the flu bug and that your show was disappointing ~ hopefully your next one will go better!

Hope you are having a better week this week friend!
xo Catherine

WillOaks Studio said...

Your snowfall looks like the middle of WINTER for us here!! Must have thrown everyone for a loop? Your display is just wonderful...but I know what you mean about hoping for a set of visitors that are gift shopping (or self-shopping!) Hope you're feeling better!!

overthetopaprons said...

I love your displays, everything looks so nice.

I have a show coming up at the end of May and I am feeling like there will not be a very good response. My website has been unusually slow. My on-line friends have all run into the same thing. People are still feeling a bit uncertain about the economy. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

You have snow and it is almost 80 degrees here in California!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com