Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspiration a la Art Nouveau!

Just down the street from where we were staying in Paris was this amazing building....very Art Nouveau!

 Art Nouveau design is very organic and sensual, ornamental and asymmetrical, and is extensively influenced by nature, with its decorative use of flowers, plants, vines and the female form. Art Nouveau design was popular from the 1880's to about 1920.


Isn't this the most exquisite door way you have ever seen?

 What a fabulous building to live in. It would be a pleasure just to come home everyday and see this magnificent work.

 Just look at the details! Now this is inspiration!




Pin It

5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Oh what a beautiful building! I'd love to live there! I have never seen anything like that!

Lin said...

I want to see your jewelry after this trip. Somehow I think this is really going to influence your work.

Catherine said...

This building really is beautiful ~ so much thought and detail put into it. Fantastic!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!!

ChatElaine said...

I would love to see this doorway, its so beautiful, one day soon I hope!!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com