Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Handmade Christmas Review

Sorry I have been absent for the past week! We took a little  mid week break, and went to Banff for a few days to visit one of our daughters, and to partake in a little R and R. As of Monday, everything returns to the normal routine, the husband goes back to work, and my son, much to his dismay returns to school after the Christmas break. As the holiday break comes to a close, I wanted to share with you, some of the amazing handmade goodies that I purchased for gifts before Christmas. This past Christmas, I set out to buy handmade as much as possible, and I had great results with all of these gorgeous items, from some extremely talented and creative individuals!

From Rockitbot, I bought this cool all  in one iPod/iPhone Nerd Herder wallet for my son.



Several people  received these fabulous handmade french inspired soaps from DancingMooney,  located in Oregon. I kept one for myself, and this is honestly some of the nicest soap I have ever used!

One of my daughters  was the lucky recipient of this deluxe camera strap from Phatstraps , for her DSLR camera.

  From Ireland, the talented Kate Ramsey of FeltFieltroFilc, made this stunning silk and felted wool scarf for one of my other daughters.

 The same daughter also received these cool fingerless gloves, from BonzieDesigns, also located in Ireland.

  Seriously, some of the best tea I have ever tasted came from Wildroot, in  Bellingham, Washington, where the ingredients for this awesome tea are organic, locally grown, ethically wildcrafted and fair trade certified.  I bought 5 different flavors, and gave 4 away to the kids, and once again, I kept one of these for moi!



 
My husband was totally spoiled, with this beautifully handcrafted leather messenger bag, from RusticLeather  located in Texas. As you see...I managed to get in on a sale price during Black Friday!
Daughter number 3, got a turquoise Sassy Scarf created by Michaelah Polegato of Calgary, similar to this one.
 
Two of the daughters got these extremely cool bags, (which make super beach bags or shopping bags) as well as wallets, made by recycling the material from  billboards!  Designed and created by  the very creative Canadian artist, Jill Lennox.  Her website Recreate It is coming soon.
 
Of course, Christmas gift giving would not be complete  without all 3 daughters,  receiving some of Moms handmade Hot Rocks Jewellery!  I made each daughter a personalized necklace, featuring the color of their birth stones, their initials, and I was  lucky enough to have found a couple  of dog tags made in the year that they were born that I embellished, and added into the mix. Unfortunately I could not find a dog tag with  the birth year for daughter # 3, so she got a pretty locket instead. 


 Well, I hope to get back into my regular routine starting on Monday, and I also have a lot of reading to do catching up with all of my bloggy pals!



 

Pin It

5 comments:

Jane Perala said...

Wonderful gifts - will you adopt me?

Duni said...

Gorgeous gifts! And your personalized necklace is so very special. Wow, lucky kids :)
I have to check out Bonzie - didn't realize they were on Etsy as well!

BeadedTail said...

Fabulous gifts! I love the iPod wallet and I've always loved Janell's soaps too! She's just an hour away from me so I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person! Your daughters' necklaces are gorgeous!

Lin said...

Dang, Jane beat me to it--will you adopt me too???! :)

I love to see what other people find on etsy. You found some GREAT gifts!

Bonhomie said...

Oh, you have such wonderful taste!!! Everything is gorgeous and I LOVE the necklaces you did! Lucky girls ;-)

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com