Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Chick with a Power Tool

Last week, for Mothers Day, one of my daughters gave me a rotary tool kit.


 So the past week has been spent learning new skills such as drilling, cutting and grinding metal.  This was one of the things that I had wanted to learn this year to take my jewelry to the next level. I am really enjoying it, and am now constantly on the search for things to drill holes in! I also learned how to rivet the drilled metal pieces to leather, and created these cuffs for the  upcoming Vintage Chicks Show.


Here is another cuff bracelet, created with an old crocheted doily, and a pretty fabric flower!

Two new skills learned this week! Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How cool:) What lovely pieces too.

BeadedTail said...

Those are totally cool! There's no limits to what you can do!

Jenni said...

They look fabulous... Certainly good use of the new tool.
Great gift...I too love a tool present for birthday etc...everyone has a little laugh about it, but it's preferable to chocolates and way more useful! Enjoy.
Jenni

Lin said...

Hooray! Isn't it fun when you get the tools to try new things? And then you can accomplish a new skill?!

Good for you--for wanting and mastering a new skill! :)

Catherine said...

Very cool! There is going to be no stopping you now ~ you go girl!!
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com