Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Whats on Suzy's Workbench?

Yesterday, I escaped the heat, and spent a few hours in my studio, which is located in the nice cool basement of my home.  I felt like  kid again playing with resin, and this new epoxy clay that I recently purchased. Here is what I made:



These are all going to be pendants and connectors on necklaces. I made them with vintage images, scraps of vintage lace and resin.




 This pendant and ring, below, are made with epoxy clay, which is a 2 part clay that you mix together, embellish, and  then air dries. For the pendant, I added this tiny vintage skeleton key, and sprinkled with copper mica powder for a metallic finish. the ring was embedded with an old brass floral finding, and a tiny Swarovski crystal, and then sprinkled with  copper and blue metallic mica powders. 



This was a lot of fun, and now I have several new homemade components to create new designs!
Pin It

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Those turned out great! Can't wait to see the final pieces!

Lin said...

That resin is sort of hard to work with, isn't it? How do you get the air bubbles out?

I really like these!! I can't wait to see them on a necklace.

Catherine said...

Those pieces turned out terrific! That epoxy clay does cool things!

It's raining here this morning ~ very refreshing!

Stay cool my friend!

xo C

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com