Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quality Made

This past weekend, we hit up one of the local antique shows.  I love to browse all the booths, checking out trinkets, and paraphernalia from days gone by. Even if I don't buy anything, its just so interesting to wander around and view all the items from simpler times. Everything seemed to be made so much better 50, 60, 70 years ago, than what we typically find in our stores today. In the good ol' days things were made with quality and detail, from the tiniest button, to the grandest  dining room table, things back then were built or made to last. 



I did not get anything, other than a small handful of brass buttons, that I bought from a fellow selling military items.  I hunted through his box of beautiful old buttons, and picked out my favorites.

 I especially love the button with the beaver on it! Doesn't get much more Canadian than that, eh?

He gave me a deal....so I was happy. They will definitely find a new life in one of my designs. Pin It

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Those buttons are so cool! What a terrific find. You are so right. They just don't make quality products anymore. We live in disposable times it seems.

Wishing you a most wonderful weekend - hope you are getting warm weather and sunshine!
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com